Wednesday, June 4, 2008

IDEAS..

even before the parts came together for this trike project, i have been thinking about some ideas for the rear of the trike.

now that the trike is up and running, for sure my 5 year old is all set to ride shotgun with her pops on that "silly thing" (as my older daughter mumbles under her breath  ever so often, she just doesn't get it... haha)

idea 1: is to have a bent seat post that stretches from the stock seat post location to all the way to the back and mount two individual saddles onto it, the rear of the seat post being supported via a sissy bar of sorts.

idea 2: is what you see below, this for me is more do-able as i have tools to cut wood but no tools to bend such a seat post in idea 1. 
i could also pad the inside of the "wooden truck bed" to make it comfy, almost like a rumble seat?
for sure my younger daughter would much prefer pretending to be a sack of potatoes.
anywez, still keeping my options open for now...

No comments: